Six Additional Professionals Signed, Four More Promoted
WAKEFIELD, Mass., USA – Nov. 16, 2016 – Virtual, Inc., the leading technology-focused association management company, today announced that Kathleen Gallagher has joined the company as Senior Vice President, Strategic Initiatives. Six more employees have joined the company in various positions, and several individuals have received promotions.
In her new position, reporting directly to President & CEO Andy Freed, Gallagher oversees Virtual’s Project Management Office, web team, the company’s knowledge management project and process improvement activity. She brings deep experience to this role. Prior to Virtual, she was the Vice President responsible for running the PMO at Epsilon; before that she served as Senior Vice President for Global Enterprise Applications at Progress Software and as Senior Vice President at Monster.com. She has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Finance & Economics from Aurora University, and an MBA in Management Information Systems from Bentley University’s F. W. Olin Graduate School of Business.
Additional new Virtual employees include:
- Jenna Amari is a Human Resources Associate, who will support the company’s HR and recruiting activities. She received a Bachelor of Science degree in Management in 2016 from Bentley University, where she also worked in HR.
- Kayla Chandler has joined as an Events Associate, involved in cross-client event planning and execution. She is a 2016 graduate of Johnson & Wales University, where she studied Sports, Entertainment and Event Management.
- Kristina Lantheaume is now Virtual’s Client Controller. She comes to the company from the Boston Shaker, which she co-founded. Previously, she worked in Finance at MIT. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree from McGill University, an MBA from Simmons College School of Management and a Master of Science degree from the Carroll Graduate School of Management at Boston College. She has received several honors and awards in her field.
- Deborah Leland comes on board as Senior Director, Global Applications & Web Development. Previously, she directed the global Web Development and Enterprise Application teams at Progress Software. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree from the Isenberg School of Management at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst and a Master of Science degree in Management of Programs and Projects from Brandeis University, and she has PMP Certification in Project Management from Villanova University.
- Scott Licata is a new PHP Web Developer. Previously, he was Lead Web Developer at Full Circle Design, and before that Lead Web Developer/Creative Designer at LCH Direct, Inc. He received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication from Seton Hall University.
- Amy Thompson has joined the IT team as a Business Analyst. Most recently, she was a Business Analyst for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and a Senior Developer at John Hancock/Manulife Variable Annuities. She has a Bachelor of Arts degree from Bowdoin College in Mathematics and Russian Language and Literature.
Virtual employees who have been promoted are:
- Miriam Macedo is now Human Resources Manager; previously she was an HR Specialist. She started at Virtual in 2012.
- Valerie Moschella is now Director, Project Management Office; previously, she was Program Manager, Information Technology. She has worked at Virtual since 2005.
- Tom Pappas is now Senior Vice President, Finance & Administration; he had been Vice President, Finance & Accounting since he joined Virtual in 2014.
- Lisa Scudder, who has been with Virtual since 2013, was promoted to Director, Training & Certification from Senior Program Manager.
“I’m delighted to welcome these top-notch professionals to Virtual, where their skills and expertise will complement our staff’s hard work, and will enhance the provision of service excellence – a principle we pride ourselves upon — to our clients,” said Freed. “I am also pleased to recognize the strong performances and outstanding accomplishments of several of our existing team members, with promotions that are well deserved.”
About Virtual, Inc.
Founded in 1999, Virtual is the leading technology-focused association management company, combining advanced systems, industry best practices and innovation to give smaller and mid-sized associations world-class business operations. We work with technology industry trade associations, standard-setting organizations, industry alliances, professional societies, consortia and forums, providing the full gamut of services from strategic counsel to back-office operations.
Virtual was named to The Boston Globe‘s “Top Places to Work” list, and the firm has been named three times to Inc. Magazine‘s list of 5000 fastest-growing private companies. Virtual is accredited by the AMC Institute, the sole accrediting body for association management companies.Back to Knowledge Hub